Jennifer Rose O’Brien
609 E 14th Ave. Eugene OR 9740 · Phone: (858) 740-8989 · Email:Jobrien@uoregon.edu
BA Journalism (Public Relations & Magazine), Minor in History/ University of Oregon, School of Journalism, expected graduation June 2012. Have 3+ years of experience in customer service and retail.
Intern, A Family For Every Child, Eugene, OR 1/2012 –Present
- Assisted managers in revising and updating current social media plan
- Created bi-weekly blog posts for current blog to increase follower base and reader participation
- Updated current social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogger.
Founder, Duck Build, Eugene, OR 1/2011-Present
- Facilitated coalition between Fraternity and Sorority life, O Heroes and Habitat for Humanity
- Fundraised money through multiple donor outreach outlets to work towards our goal of $60,000
- Educated three main target audiences about Duck Build and its purpose on campus through social media, house announcements and face-to-face communication.
Intern, Tivoli Training Center, Dublin, Ireland 6/2011- 9/2011
- Aided case workers in creation of programs for at-risk offenders.
- Instructed youth in completion of modules to achieve high school certification.
- Helped oversee programs to keep youth from reoffending.
- Supervised and positively interacted with youth in the probation system.
Vice President of Civic Engagement, Panhellenic 11/2010 -12/2011
Served on Executive Council of Fraternity and Sorority life at the University of Oregon
- Founded ‘Duck Build’ a joint partnership with campus groups and Habitat for Humanity.
- Planned community-wide service events each term for 3000+ students.
- Coordinated volunteer and service learning opportunities for all chapters.
- Provided resources for philanthropy and community service officers of each house.
Mentor at Roosevelt Middle School 01/2011- Present
- Provided guidance to at risk middle school student with mild autism.
- Encouraged student to focus on education and develop stronger personal relationships.
- Responsible for attending weekly meetings with student.
- Proficient in PC and Macintosh, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, and familiar with Adobe, InDesign and Photoshop, Editorial Writing, Photography, and Spanish.